By Kayla Trautman
“I love pumpkin stuff and it was very good!” said senior Brittany Gaughan.
This Pumpkin Roll was an amazing dessert and unbelievably easy to make. Not to mention, it was perfect considering it’s now November!
The pumpkin cake came out so moist which is surprising because it didn’t need any butter or oils. The cream cheese filling was absolutely delicious and had just enough sugar to even out the cream cheese.
I found this recipe on Pinterest, but you can also find it on the back of a can of Libby’s pumpkin.
RECIPE: Pumpkin Roll
Serves 10 people. Takes 30 minutes to make.
- For the cake:
- ¾ tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¾ cup all- purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup canned pumpkin
- For the filling:
- 1 package or 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- More powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grease a 13×18- inch half sheet pan
- Line with parchment paper
- Grease and flour paper
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl until thick and pale yellow in color. Beat in pumpkin.
- Stir in flour mixture
- Spread evenly into prepared pan and bake for 13-15 minutes
- Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar
- Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel
- Carefully pull off paper
- Roll up cake and towel together
- For filling: Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla in a small mixer bowl until smooth
- Carefully unroll cake; remove towel.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake
- Reroll cake and wrap in plastic
- Refrigerate for an hour
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.